Key Account Manager
Job Portfolio: Key Accounts Manager
You will be responsible for servicing a range of global customers in key application areas related to the crushing, power generation or dredging industries. You will be expected at all times to adhere to and support the companies Vision, Mission and Values without compromise or exception.
- Managing the day to day business of a group of assigned customers as the ‘single point of contact’. This covers everything from delivery schedules, pricing and technical queries to contracts, quality and logistics.
- There is a responsibility to quote, propose, negotiate and close jobs at qualified margins.
- Through integrity and professionalism, build solid relationships with all levels of the customer.
- Organising and chairing client meetings and with the proper use of an agenda. The account manager will also be responsible for recording and following up meeting outcomes.
- Making technical recommendations to clients in the knowledge fields of metallurgy and mechanical engineering - at a basic level initially, but developing quickly to be able to provide more valuable advice that grows loyalty and trust.
- Attending and participate in internal meetings both with the broader sales team and the various production areas of the company.
- Maintain account plans for each customer.
- It will be a requirement on occasion for the account manager to approach new customers. This will entail developing sales leads, qualifying prospects and making initial sales calls.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products and understanding purchasing nuances of the industry both in South Africa and offshore.
- Each customer assigned to you will have an Account Plan developed in accordance with the companies’ requirements.
- The Account Plan will be strictly followed and adhered to at all times.
- It is important to maintain up to date management of the system at all times.
- Any non-compliance for any reason to agreed upon targets and deliverables needs to be brought to management’s attention immediately.
- There will be numerous administration responsibilities required for the successful running of your accounts. Administration responsibilities are cornerstones to the job role and need to be done with thoroughness and care with a zero mistake tolerance being the main ambition.
- All administrative tasks are to be completed timeously.
- 3- 5 Years’ work experience as a Technical Key Accounts Manager or similar.
- Technical tertiary education or Production/Project Management Diploma/Degree
- Driver’s License
- Critical thinking, reasoning, organisational skills are important aptitudes for the role.
- The ability to engage with all levels of client contacts including procurement, technical, logistics and executive decision makers.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and execute multiple, concurrent tasks – and to problem solve both tactically and strategically.
- Strong business and technical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to tailor language to user knowledge level.
- A well-developed sales and marketing mind-set.
- Project management.
This is an Employment Equity Position
Benefits include 50% Medical Aid Contribution and Pension Fund Contribution