Our Client is looking for a Project Estimator to assist with quoting, cost tracking and project support from there logistics office in Cape Town, for the Africa operations. Currently, they provide contracting services in Ghana, Congo, Ivory Coast and Angola to various Oil and Gas clients, the Division is looking to grow resources, capability and service offering in the African market, with which we see estimating as a critical function.
This position will provide key support to all regions we are working in and the responsibilities of this position are seen to be as below:
• Compile quotes for management review and distribution to clients, including,
o Client liaison on technical requirements
o Site measurements
o Quantity and drawing take offs, and
o All other requirements to produce accurate quoting.
• Ensure swift response times to clients on quotes
• Improving quoting process, through:
o Detailing procedures
o Building standard costing models for regular works
o Maintain records of quotes
• Oversee and monitor procurement processes in the Cape Town to ensure best pricing, including:
o Supplier liaison
o Identifying key clients for credit terms
• Provide logistics support from Cape Town project as required by Offshore project teams, including
o Logistics assistance to move equipment to sites outside South Africa
o Arranging international purchases
• Any further matters that may arise from time to time due to the needs of the company that may fall outside of the above requirements.
We are looking for a qualified quantity surveyor, with more than 2 years’ experience, preferably in oil and gas or mining sector, ideally with exposure to blasting, painting, scaffolding or inspection works. The individual should be a self-starter, ambitious, willing to work in a young team and travel when needed.