Our Client in the Aro Space industry is looking for a senior Logistic Manager
- Control and co-ordinate the receiving, dispatching and shipping of materials and services
- Ensure that all documents required by the CAA and other authorities are properly stored
and accompany each received/dispatched material
- Control inventory movements
- Control planned scrap materials
- Organise and supervise daily selective cycle counts
- Organise and supervise annual 100% stock take
- Supervise and manage stock adjustment in accordance with financial control procedure
- Monitor and report variances to the Financial controller
- Manage accurate reporting system
- Communicate with internal customers via electronic or telephonic correspondence
- Provide accurate information to internal customers pertaining to inventory materials and
their status in particular, the list of parts ready for delivery/parts awaiting customer collection
- Manage material status reports
- Ensure that batch is created each time the materials are received on the system
- Control batch expiration reports
- Ensure issue/dispatch of materials is conducted under the correct batch
- Amendment of wrong material postings on the system when necessary
- Evaluate on a regular basis the current process and action improvement measurements
- Evaluate on a regular basis the material movement transactions and communicate to
management the result in order to improve material planning system
- Coordinate the monthly MRB meeting
- Coordinate the application for import and export permits for arms control and the resubmission
- Monitoring the performance and progress of staff
- Ensuing that all appropriate safety regulations are being followed both with regards to
personal safety and safety of inventory.
- Manage and control of the following main processes within the organization: receiving,
issuing and storage. Ensure compliance with the “same day processing” rule.
- Manage accuracy of the Materials Master Data in the SAP system. Ensure that
amendments, deletions and new materials are maintained correctly in the system and
relevant procedures are followed.
- Manage application and utilization of the storage area and appropriate storage locations as
per materials type. Ensure accurate reflection of data on the SAP system.
- Manage the following major activities with accuracy and 0.10% variance and discrepancies:
Annual stock count (stock take); inventory cycle counting; Material Review Board (MRB).
- Co-ordinate and ensure timeous applications for import and export permits for parts and
equipment under the rule of Arms Control and Customs Regulations.
- Perform recurrent training of staff (and or new employees) in regards to: procedures; system
usage, segregation of duties; system security and accuracy.
- Ensure that all relevant documents; records and certifications are controlled and stored in
accordance with the requirements of the organization’s QMS (Quality Management System)
and department relevant procedures. ‘
- Ensure that OHS regulations are being followed with regards to personnel and security of
- Manage accurate reporting system in regards to: inventory levels; slow moving stock;
obsolete stock; stock turnover; customer deliveries; freight forwarding status etc.
- Manage active communication with internal customers.
- Technical inspection – joint inspection with Warehouse Agent of packing lists and delivery
- Management of the Warehousing function including:
o Optimised warehouse organization and layout.
o Implementation and management of an efficient inventory control system as per
o Monitoring and control of stock ageing and obsolescence.
o Distribution of spare parts and component repairs and overhaul.
- Responsible for verification of shipping costs in terms of tariff codes, inco terms, VAT and
duty calculations, pricing on delivery notes, SAD 500.
- Responsible for submission of permits for controlled items/military.
- Monitor performance of freight forwarders ie DHL, Fedex, Globeflight etc against predefined
- Monthly monitoring of cost/pricing/rates of freight forwarders against pre-defined rates.
- Drive Spares Performance:
- Ensure that the Stock Collection Adequacy is met according to the set targets
- Meeting committed delivery dates towards, Customers by meeting the set targets on
OTR5b & OTR5c
- Monitorying of Forecasted orders by quarterly review and presenting the findings to
- Ensuring that the Planned and AOG stock orders are in according to the set targets of
- Conduct Monthly Procurement Review Meetings
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good communication skills and experience in liaising with stakeholders
- Clear operational and business understanding
- Fully conversant with international cargo handling procedures
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Self-motivated, disciplined,
- A hands-on mentality with very good negotiating skills
- Master (MM) module).
- Computer experience (Advanced Excel); Microsoft office
- SAP R3 MM Module - Knowledge of Material Master Data
- Matric with a Degree or Diploma in Supply chain / Warehousing/ Logistics
- +/- 5 years senior management and/or support service experience, preferably in an
aviation or logistics environment
- Experiences in budgeting/forecasting and business planning