Our Client, based in Cape Town City Centre, is seeking a PHP Developer to join their team.
1. Rewards and Recognition programmes for corporates
2. Channel incentive programmes
3. Custom applications
Most of the work is done using an in-house PHP framework, Node.js, MySQL and a tiny bit of
Go. We have several custom servers hosted at Hetzner and some of our infrastructure runs on
● 4 to 6 years of PHP
● 4 to 6 years of MySQL
● Fluent in CSS/HTML/Jquery/Ajax
● Web services integration (SOAP/REST)
● Strong knowledge of web application security.
Nice to Have:
● Continuous Integration experience
● Experience in another language (Python/Go etc)
● Mature, fully formed adult
● Ability to communicate well
● Professional attitude
● Ability to be on time, work hard and be self-motivated
● Good judgement and ability to prioritise
● Results orientated
● Come up with new ideas
Program, document and deploy software applications.
● Execute testing and quality control
● Provide software design and architectural input
● Use the tools provided to manage source code and track issues.
● Assist/mentor junior programmers in their duties
● Support account management and data processing departments in their duties
Key performance areas include:
● Impact of the developer on the existing infrastructure (Improvement in efficiency and
● The value of the developer's individual contribution to the company goals.
● Delivering as per the specifications/mockups
● Communicating issues and asking questions timeously.