|Purpose of Job:
||Develop, Update and Maintain fully functional Web Portals/Systems and Mobile Apps combining the vast variety of tools the internet has to offer including APIs, Web services, Databases, Code Libraries and 3rd Party Systems. Utilize advanced programming technologies to securely and efficiently integrate data services creating user friendly and aesthetically pleasing information systems from concepts developed together with a creative design team.
|Job Description: Job Function
- Report to the Head of Mobile Web development the incumbent needs to create quality web applications.
- Undertake the development of mobile-based and, if required, other applications to produce fully functional, robust, and sustainable business applications.
- Review and Refactor Web Application code.
- Maintain, Monitor and Report on Web Application Performance
- Develop, Update and Maintain Web Applications
- Liaise with relevant departments on integrated projects developments.
- Design (and Motivate) Web Application flows
- Attend meetings, gather client requirements and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Investigate, test and report on new web/mobile technologies as potential new products for the company portfolio.
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver fully functioning products that incorporate user friendly interfaces, seamless functionality, detailed reporting and continuity logic into one solution to perform tasks according to predefined business rules.
- Track all changes with the project.
- Responsible for all changes, upgrades and post delivery patch solutions
- Design, create and test complete and fully working prototypes for the management team.
- Communicate to and direct all of the development staff included in producing the finished product
- Looks for additional work opportunities within assigned client organizations and communicates opportunities to Multimedia Development Manager;
- Pro-active in identifying and responding to potential client and project problems
- Use technology for communication and resolution of client issues
- Performs development tasks per company methodologies
- Prepares and maintains program documentation in accordance with client requirements and company standards
- Annalise various systems and design activities as required
- Maintains proficiency in the use of development tools or technology
- Produces high-quality work products and deliverables as assigned
- Provides guidance in integration and evaluation development
- Take initiative in identifying possible system improvements and propose to Multimedia Development Manager.
- Work with creative team to specify graphic requirements for Web Portal/System
- Stay abreast of multimedia technology in the industry and new tools that may be used to increase and enhance the development of deliverables
- Independent, but capable to collaborate.
- Capable to identify risk and follow procedure to mitigate.
- Willing to ask when uncertain.
- Pay utmost attention to Data Security
- High attention to detail
- Ability to perform detailed and routine tasks daily
- Must be able to unpack and understand complex systems
- Problem solving & trouble shooting, common sense and curiosity,
- Flexibility & willingness to learn
- Ability to receive and execute a brief
- Must be able to think out of the box
- Exceptional with Documentation
- Good time management
- Team player
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications and experience:
- Web Services (Create and consume)
- WebAPI (Create and consume)
- Responsive Web design
- Entity Framework
- Information Security
- Minimum of Matric / Grade 12 required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar profile is preferred.
- Degree or Diploma in Web/Software Development