A well-established National FMCG company is currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Rep in the Western Cape.
We are recruiting experienced Sales Reps with the following qualities:
- Highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for all things culinary.
- The ability to interact with customers at all levels within an organisation, great people and communication skills required.
- Strong sales skills or a strong desire to be in sales related to the industry are a must for this job as well as knowledge of the catering / hospitality industry with a passion for food, cooking, baking etc.
- Hospitality, culinary or food related sales experience is a plus.
- Must be well organized with good planning and admin skills.
- Must be goal oriented and driven to exceed sales targets set through effective customer interaction and solution based selling approach.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities.
- Should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills.
The following are some of the functions of the position
- Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Communicate with Sales Manager in a timely manner about market conditions and needs. Monitor competitor activities in market.
- Must be willing to travel and spend some nights away from home base. A valid driver’s license and own vehicle are essential.
Primary areas of responsibilities are:
- The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established, as well as new customers, by selling the range of food related items to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Calling on existing and potential customers and primary owner of cultivating the customer relationship.
- Selling and engaging customers in new and existing products and value added products.
- Look for and develop new sales opportunities and customers. Opening new accounts, carry out product demonstrations, present at food shows and sales meetings.
- Research customer business needs and develop mix of products and service to meet needs; evaluate market trends, recommend products to customers, and utilize sampling and product information, based on business needs and goals.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
Matric; Own Car with valid licence; At least 5 years’ experience as a Sales Rep;
Medical Aid; Provident Fund; Car Allowance; Fuel Card; Cellphone Allowance