This job is responsible for the overall direction, operations and performance of the financing (loans) business unit by developing and executing business strategies in alignment with strategic growth objectives and expectations of our client and the Group Chief Executive Officer. It is responsible for the end-to-end operating of the business Unit, including product and market research, product development, product marketing and sales strategies and business execution.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Business Unit strategies aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Lead and manage market and competitor research and develop financing (loans) products.
- Develop and manage product strategies and product marketing strategies and action plans.
- Identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships and alliances with stakeholders in the industry and participating employers and build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Set annual sales budgets and ensure that financing sales objectives are achieved in terms of market growth, profitability, sustainability and customer-base.
- Manage and profitably grow the business unit through competitive and innovative product offerings, excellent customer service delivery, efficient and cost-effective business processes and high performing employees.
- Ensure excellent customer service – both to participating employers and members.
- Manage people for performance, innovation, problem-solving and ownership and provide strategic direction and visionary leadership.
- Post-graduate Degree in Business Management or Marketing (essential/minimum);
- Banking and financial services qualification (strongly recommended);
- MBA or MBL Degree (strongly recommended);
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of operational industry experience and management in banking/financing/sales/financing product development.
- Digital service delivery;
- Minimum 5 years of executive management experience.
- Advanced banking/financing industry and competitor knowledge and understanding the financial services industry from a business perspective.
- Excellent market and product research knowledge.
- Excellent financing product development knowledge and skills, including digital product development and digital delivery channels.
- Excellent product marketing and strategy knowledge and skills.
- Good networking, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Critical relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business management capabilities.
- Financial management and budgeting capabilities.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Analytical, strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Results-driven and service-oriented.
- Excellent people and leadership skills and ability to plan, organise, lead and control people and activities strategically.
- Dynamic, energetic, presentable, articulate, collaborative, mature, assertive and confident.