- Manage acuities and skill mix in such a way as to ensure cost effective quality care
- Manage all costs emanating from the department
- Ensure correct billing, stock management and purchasing
- Facilitate timeous and accurate compilation of files
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and Quality Improvement initiatives are developed and measured
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with client’s evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of current research in the applicable discipline
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality nursing care and their value to the organization
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Develop a talented nursing workforce.