This position is for our client in the Construction Management environment who is looking for an outstanding Procurement Officer who holds a B.Com......
- Administer and facilitate the tender process and contract preparation from tender initiation, through tender evaluation, to awarding of the contract to ensure transparency, accountability and the highest standard of professionalism and probity.
- Monitor and maintain the contracts register and other associated procurement registers to ensure accurate and up to date records.
- Assist staff in understanding their procurement responsibilities, as well as relevant details and timeframes associated with all contracts across the Company
- Prepare and periodically review Contracts based on established policies & procedures.
- Develop, document, review and maintain procedures, templates, forms and relevant guidelines to ensure the efficient and effective operation of procurement across the organisation. This will include development of contract and tender templates to ensure documents reflect the Company’s commitments, responsibilities, protection and associated risks.
- Assist in the review and development of the Procurement Policy.
- Collate and prepare appropriate reports and tools to assist Finance Director with reporting to the board.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and other material as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including a high level of attention to detail).
- Highly motivated, professional and self disciplined (with ability to operate with limited direction and supervision).
- Commitment to meeting targets and fulfilling agreements.
- High level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Intermediate computing and keyboarding skills including knowledge of the Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer environments are required.
- Proven relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a challenging and high pressure environment.
- Understanding and experience in application of tender processes and documentation (including determining tender requirements, tender evaluation techniques, tender conformity, and supplier negotiation processes) is desirable.