Manage the day to day activities of the Management of the Monitoring Centre, in conjunction with daily collaboration and liaison with the Service Providers and internal staff structures, to ensure optimal service provision to internal and external stakeholders.
- Grade 12 plus appropriate and recognized Tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3-5 years Operations experience in the transport industry environment of which at least two years have been in a management position
- Management and experience of working at a supervisory level within a Monitoring Control Room as well as with Electronic Fleet Management and Monitoring Systems is preferred.
- Computer literacy essential at intermediate to advanced level.
Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of Monitoring Control Centre in accordance with operational schedules, targets and requirements.
- Monitor and measure the progress and attainment of set goals for the Control Centre.
- Prepare and make presentation iro the Monitoring Control Centre annual budgets. Monitor and control expenditure in area of responsibility.
- Allocate and oversee resources in accordance with operational schedules targets and requirements.
- Compile and maintain operational manuals/procedures and other relevant documentation.
- Liaise and communicate with system suppliers Netstar Bureau Centre and other relevant stake holders on all matters with regards to the Management of the Monitoring Centre.
- Oversee the routine monitoring functions of the Supervisors and fleet controllers.
- Actively participate and oversee the training of Supervisors and Monitoring Controllers on Application software and other relevant operational requirements.
- Attend weekly BU and monthly Netstar project meetings.
- Ensure adherence to all Policies and Procedures within the Centre and company.
- Maintain and manage the Fleet Management Systems database for Company and Netstar.
- Carry out random inspections on Monitoring equipment installations, repairs, re-installations and tag stocks etc.
- Ensure timeous recommendation and approval of Netstar Invoices.
- Carry out projects regarding the upgrading of existing and future systems and applications.
- Prepare and provide weekly and monthly Monitoring Control Centre reports, systems cost estimates and cost-benefit analyses
- Management of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with IT Policies and Procedures in the use of all equipment (FTP site).
- Ensure that the required infrastructure and proper housekeeping, is maintained, within the Control Room.
Salary package is as follows:
Basic salary: R25 603 pm (depending on candidate’s current salary)
Car Allowance: R13 831pm
Petrol Allowance to cover km’s from home to work up to a certain limit.
Attendance bonus (equivalent to a week’s salary)
And other insured benefits