The position is based in Zambia.
Role Purpose Statement:
The Incumbent is responsible for over viewing and securing operational excellence as well as increasing sales in the Mining Division with a specific focus on the Copper Belt Region.
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing activities specific for Metals and Minerals services in the mining industry.
- Development and execution of comprehensive business development plan duly aligned with the overarching business and Metals and Minerals strategy.
- Ensure that the sales enquiry process is conducted in a timely manner that meets internal procedures and customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate, in conjunction with the Country Manager, incoming enquiries, client meetings and contract preparation.
- Prepare scope of work and pricing for quotations.
- Manage the timely production of contracts and progress their status
- Manage and drive operations and staff
- Implement and follow KPIs
- Ensure operational excellence
- Support job closeout processes and implement ongoing client contact strategies.
- Establish, Maintain and enhance customer relationship management.
- Gather and analyze commercial information to build relevant market intelligence.
- Record and direct opportunities to the appropriate Business Unit within the organization and follow-up the same to ensure close-out.
- Record sales activities by means of the relevant processes and systems.
- Report back on client visits to relevant Business Unit Managers.
- Establish build and continuously strengthen relationships with new and existing clients.
- Create new business leads and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Present business cases to clients.
- Implement Commercial Strategy as per Manager’s requirements
- Ensure compliance to the relevant Commercial processes and procedures.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- B Tech or Higher qualifications in a technical discipline, preferably chemistry.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the mining sector.
- Sound understanding of the procurement and supply chain process in this sector.
- Must have an extensive network of senior contacts in the Mining Industry.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding required levels of engagement with key role players and decision makers in order to secure contracts.
- Good understanding of the commercial requirements of the Mining Charter, OHS Act and Regulations.
- Specific experience and knowledge of the complete mining process.
- Must have experience in compiling tenders and method statements.
- Previous business development experience essential.
- Available and willing to travel.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Must be target driven.
- Have PC skills.
- Able to deliver work using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients.
- Strong communication skills.
- Very good listening skills.
- Presentation and negotiating skills.
- Fluent written and spoken in English.
- Proven sales track record.
- Leadership skills
- Goode reporting skills
- A team player.
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative have highest level of integrity and exercise confidentiality.
- Pragmatic and entrepreneurial approach.
- Must have a ‘Go to Market’ attitude with the ability to connect with client contacts at a high level.
- Be able to convert contacts and opportunities into sales
Key Performance Indicators
- Must reach targets set by management.
- Introduce new accounts into the Business Unit.
- Maintain existing Client-base.
- Generate growth within the Business.
- Embrace Core and Business values.
- Able to leverage network experience and resources.
- Build Client relationships.
- Submit reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Sales, revenue and other financials as per business plan.
- Compliance of internal and external guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Develop, update and maintain pricelists.
- Updating of customer schedules (i.e. SLA; Procedures).
- Handling and resolving of all customer queries.
- Plan monthly and weekly activities and execute to plan.
- High quality proposals and tenders.
- Completing all sales administration paper work accurately and timely.