A well-known international chemical manufacturing company requires the above to be responsible for regional business development in West Africa, and will be required to lead development initiatives and integrate and align the various business units operating in the cluster.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field is essential (Master degree or higher is preferred).
- A Post-Graduate qualification in Business Management is ideal.
- Minimum 5 years working experience within the chemical industry is essential.
- Previous experience working within a Multinational environment is essential.
- Experience working on multi-functional and multi-regional developmental projects is essential.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Industry Value Chains, Regulatory Authorities and requirements.
- Must have chemical industry experience across various industries.
- Will be required to travel nationally and internationally from time to time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets, in close collaboration with the business units.
- Investigating business opportunities with significant scale and synergies to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products and solutions in target markets and applications.
- Developing and commercializing existing and new platform opportunities to support market growth.
- Generating market intelligence for relevant industry segments.
- Accumulating industry knowledge, insights and contacts.
- Maintaining subject matter expertise in selected areas, staying abreast of developments and best practices.
- Supporting lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships.
- Leading project teams to meet business objectives.
- Leading the business development team including personnel management and integration in accordance with the values and principles of the group.
- Creating compelling business case to attract the localization of more business units in West Africa.
- Ensuring business growth through identification of business development opportunities and managing these initiatives from incubation to commercialization.
Salary package is negotiable depending on experience.